How to get a loan online
In today's world if we need something, such as a loan online, the majority of us in Australia simply Google it.
But then what? How do you decide from all of the pages that appear, which online loan you should pick?
We've put together a top five checklist for you, so you can find a trustworthy online lender easily.
1. Is their website secure?
Make sure their website's URL includes:
- A padlock symbol
- Their business name
Also check that they have both their Australian credit licence displayed (ACL) and their Australian credit number (ACN). This means you can check with ASIC that they are registered as a legitimate online loan business.
Does Fair Go Finance have a secure website? Definitely! We tick all of these boxes!
2. Are they members with Australian regulatory and industry bodies?
When you're looking for an online loan, you want to make sure you are dealing with an ethical and law abiding business.
Check their website confirms they are members with institutions such as:
The National Credit Providers Association
Financial Ombudsman Service
Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia
Is Fair Go Finance registered with these? Of course! We pride ourselves on being an ethical, transparent, understanding and compliant online loan lender!
3. Do they always respond to customers on their social media platforms?
Their website might tick all the legal boxes, but how do they actually treat their customers?
Check out their social media platforms such as:
See how they interact with their customers, and how respectful they are when they respond.
Is Fair Go Finance respectful and promptly responds to all customer queries? Yes! We are passionate about helping our online loan customers now, as well as going forward with you to achieve a greater financial future. Our "About Us" page explains our customer dedication even further.
4. Are they committed to educating and improving their customers experience?
Some online loan lenders only want to get their customers in and out, showing no regard for the customers wellbeing and financial needs.
If you want to find a lender who genuinely cares for their customers financial future, check out their website for good resources and commitment to providing helpful information. Look for:
- Blogs, see how many they have and how genuine the content is
- Educational video's
- Reward programs for returning customers
- Customer portal so customers can access their loan details 24/7.
Is Fair Go Finance committed to their customers? 100%! We do all of the above being:
- Educational blogs - you're reading one now!
- Educational video's - check out our Whiteboard Wednesday video's by our MD, Paul Walshe!
- A great rewards program called Mates Rates that rewards customer loyalty!
- A helpful customer portal so you can keep on top of you loan at anytime of day or night!
5. Are they transparent with all of their fees, costs and eligibility criteria?
Another great clue to find out if they are a trustworthy lender is, is to see how open and transparent they are with their online loans.
Here's some information you should look out for:
- Do they have clear eligibility guidelines you can check before you apply?
- Do they show you how they compare to other lenders?
- Do they have a loan calculator you can use to give an indication of your loan repayments?
- Are they transparent with their loan rates?
Is Fair Go Finance transparent and clear about their online loans? Absolutely! Check out our following pages:
We hope this checklist has given you the confidence to look around for an online loan, and we certainly hope once you have, you will know to come to us!