If you want to make a batch of delicious Easter bunny shortbread biscuits, this recipe is the easiest you can find! A total of 3 ingredients! Once cooked wrap them up in some cellophane and add a few small Easter eggs…YUM! Please send us some if you decide to do this, as we always love something sweet! (Makes 10-12 shortbread cookies)
- 180 g plain flour, sifted.
- 120 g butter, at room temperature
- 60 g caster sugar
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in the sifted flour until the mixture is combined.
- Put mixture on a floured surface, and use your hands to clump the mixture together into a mound. Roll out until 1 cm thick. For a light and crumbly texture, don’t over-handle your dough.
- Cut out your Easter bunny shaped cookies (or what ever shape you have on hand!) and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or so.
- Pre-heat your oven to 325°F/160°C. Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes, until they just start to turn golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
(Be creative with icing or any other edible decoration!)